Thursday, February 11, 2010

Prove It Chapter Six

AN-Wow. I got lots of reviews for last chapter. Thanks to laNegrita, Nikki-4, PutdatinyourjuiceboxnSUCKIT, gingercat0319, and margaritama for taking the time to review. And for all you others who read it, you guys rock. So in this chapter, Draco and Hermione are going to bring their relationship out of hiding. Sorry about the whole mix up with the last chapter. I uploaded it last night at four in the morning, I guess I accidently chose a chapter for an anime fanfiction I am working on. I’ll try to be more careful.

Disclaimer-I do not make any money off of Harry Potter. If I did, I sure as hell wouldn’t be living with my parents still. Hence that it must belong to JKR and not me.

Chapter 6

Draco awoke and still felt the familiar warmth of Hermione’s still against his. He thought she would have made her usual escape by now, due to her paranoia of someone catching her sneaking out of the Slytherin Dungeons. In fact, she never fell asleep with him. Hermione always went to her own bed before sleeping.

He didn’t hear any snores coming from the other beds in the dormitory. ‘How late is it,’ he wondered. His eyes fell on the girl next to him, her chest rising with every even breath she drew. Draco ran a finger up and down her arm, reveling in how soft it was. How in the world did he not notice how beautiful she was before seventh year? Before he could get another thought it, her eye lids fluttered open.

“Hey,” she said with a small smile playing on her lips.

“Hey,” Draco replied. He opened the curtains and peaked out and saw the room empty of his dorm mates. He glanced at the clock on the table. It was eight. Draco got up at started getting dressed. “We should get to breakfast. How long till Potter and Weasely send out the search party?”

Hermione rolled her eyes as she started searching for her clothes. ‘Thank god it’s a Saturday,’ she thought. “They probably think I’m in the library or something.”

They dressed and headed for the Great Hall, holding hands since no one was around. When they reached the entrance hall, Hermione started to take back her hand but Draco stopped her and stepped in front of her.

“Hermione, wait. I’ve been thinking.” Draco paused drawing a deep breath. “I don’t want to hide anymore.”

“What are you talking about?” Hermione questioned. She eyed him suspiciously.

“I’m talking about not wanting to hide our relationship anymore,” he replied hesitantly.

“Are you serious?” Hermione was flabbergasted. Draco nodded. “Do have any idea what could happen when people find out?”

“Yes and I don’t care.” Draco countered. ‘What was the worst that could happen,’ he mused.

She recalled the words he said to her the first night they were together. “Prove it.”

“Fine.” Draco took her hand and led her into the Great Hall, walking down the Gryffindor table to where Harry and Ron were sitting. Hermione felt every eye in the room on her as a hush fell in the room.

“Draco what are you doing?” She hissed, her cheeks flushing at the unwelcome stares.

“Proving it to you,” he replied with a smile, sitting down across from her friends. Ron nearly chocked on his eggs as Hermione sat down next to Draco. Harry dropped his fork and stared in shock.

“What the bloody hell are you doing here, ferret?” Ron asked, half in disbelief and half in anger.

“Having breakfast with Hermione,” his curt reply came as he helped himself to some pancakes. Hermione’s eyes shifted nervously back and forth between her boyfriend and her best friends. Harry looked at her questionably and she gave a small nod to say it was alright.

“Are you kidding me, Hermione? Malfoy?” Ron exclaimed loudly. Before she could say anything in response, Ron got up and stormed out of the hall.

“Don’t worry about him, Hermione, he’ll come around eventually. You know how Ron can be.” Harry said, trying to sound reassuring. Slowly, the room’s usual chatter returned. Harry glanced at Draco and shifted uncomfortably. “This is, er, awkward.”

“Yes, yes it is.” Draco agreed. He could feel the glares of his fellow housemates on his back. He looked over at Hermione and saw her glancing back and forth between the both of them, most likely expecting them to start arguing or something. “You should eat something, Hermione.”

“What? Oh, yeah, I should.” Hermione said, serving herself some oat meal and adding some cinnamon. She had to admit, this was going better than expected. No wands were drawn and only one insult was thrown. The rest of breakfast was spent in an awkward silence. “Oh, shoot. I forgot about the potions essay. I need to go to the library.”

“I haven’t started it yet either. I’ll come with you.” Harry said getting up. Hermione grabbed Draco’s hand and motioned for him to follow them. When Harry saw this, he had a feeling that Draco would be joining them a lot more often that he would have liked. First they ran up to the Gryfindor’s common room to grab their things before heading to the library. Hermione wondered off, searching for the books they needed as Harry and Draco plopped down at a table. Harry leaned over to Draco. “Malfoy, I need a word with you.”

“Alright.”

“Look, Hermione’s my best friend in the world. So I need to make sure that you aren’t just screwing around with her anymore and toying with her emotions by lying and convincing her that she actually means something to you. Because if you hurt her, I won’t hesitate to kill you,” Harry said his voice monotone but clearly threatening. “She clearly seems to like you, so I’m going to put up with you. One screw up, and you dead.”

“I’m not going to do anything to hurt her, Potter.” Draco replied curtly just as Hermione returned to the table with an armful of books. Draco couldn’t resist teasing her. “What did you do, bring back all the books in the potion section?”

“No, not all of them,” she said with a smile. She handed a book to Harry and sat down to begin her essay. “It’s good to see you didn’t kill each other when I was gone.”

“No, we are attempting civility. Aren’t we, Potter?” Draco said, dropping an arm on the back of Hermione’s chair. Harry nodded and continued reading. ‘This is definitely going to take some getting used to,’ he thought.

AN-So I worked on this after my psychology final. Good news anyone who cares, I passed all my finals and so I passed this semester. I was kind of worried about my grades so I flipped when I saw my grades. Ok, enough about my schooling. What did you guys think of the chapter? What did I do wrong? What did I do right? And what would you like to see next? Reviews are lovely. It doesn’t take that much effort to review. All you got to do is click the little button at the bottom of the screen and type your message. See ya next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment