Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Twelve Days of Christmas Written by- where-my-heart-resides

The Twelve Days of Christmas




Written by-
where-my-heart-resides



You can find them here! - http://www.fanfiction.net/u/877043/


One Shot

ONESHOT DxHr. Draco has just died, and Hermione misses him dearly. Can she cope?
Harry Potter - Rated: T - English - Romance/Tragedy - Chapters: 1 - Words: 560 - Reviews: 5 - Draco M. & Hermione G. - Complete


>>>>

WARNINGS: Character death.

Disclaimer: Not mine.

NOTICE: this is dedicated to my gerbil, Weasley, who died at 2:00, Christmas Eve morning. You will be missed. –Sniffle-

I sit on the soft couch.

I’m writing with my favorite number two pencil, in the journal that Ginny gave me a couple of weeks ago.

It’s covered in rubber ducks, my favorite.

The first few pages are full of our memories. Our laughter.

Up until yesterday, that’s what my life consisted of. Laughter.

But that is all changing.

Now, I’m coating the pages of this journal in tears.

Have you ever lost somebody?

A pet, or a grandparent?

What did you feel?

Was it an empty, hollow feeling in your heart, and an echo screaming “PAIN!” over and over again?

Or was it a fire? Burning through your veins, melting you organs, and screaming “PAIN!” as it moved.

Well, whichever one it is, I bet it’s nothing compared to what I’m currently feeling.

I was in love.

With a boy named Draco Malfoy.

And, I know he loved me too. As a matter of fact, he told me so many times.

But, that is all gone now. Because, according to The Order, Draco is dead.

Murdered, apparently.

Now I’m humming Draco’s favorite Christmas song.

The 12 Days of Christmas.

I wonder how on earth ANYBODY could like that song; it’s so annoying.

But, he did, so, I put up with it.

I’m listening to the rain pour from outside.

Pelting the window in sharp, painful drops.

That was where we had our first kiss, you know.

Outside, in the rain.

I was soaked, he was soaked, and he kissed me.

Simple as that. Strange, how something as small as the rain could set mo off so bad.

The page is soaked with my tears. My mascara is running.

How I hate make-up.

I only wear it because he liked it.

That’s the same reason that he didn’t gel his hair. Because I liked it normal.

I’ve taken up two pages of my journal, writing about him.

To tell you the truth, I miss him.

With every fiber of my being, I miss him.

An aching pain has filled the pit of my stomach.

It’s been there for a day now.

Ever since Draco died.

It’s 2:30 in the morning now, and I’m still sitting here, writing about him.

My back hurts from crouching over.

My hand hurts from writing so much.

My eyes burn from crying so much.

But, it seems that I can’t stop.

Writing seems to take his place in my heart.

It makes me stop hurting for a moment.

It makes me forget reality.

But only for a moment.

As soon as my pencil leaves the paper, my emotions come running back into my brain.

I just can’t forget Draco Malfoy.

You know, I think that Ron wants to ask me out.

You can see it in his eyes.

And, I may say yes.

Hopefully I can forget the man named Draco Malfoy.

But, I don’t think I will.

You want to know why?

Because, I just caught myself singing this:

“On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, one final kiss goodbye.”

No comments:

Post a Comment