Monday, February 8, 2010

The Power of a Wish Chapter Eleven

Disclaimer: Harry Potter, Draco Malfoy, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley, and all other Harry Potter characters do not belong to me.

The Power of a Wish

Chapter Eleven

From last time:

“So he wants to kill me in seven days?” asked Harry softly. “And he wants you to bring me there?”

“Yeah... But don’t worry Harry. Dumbledore and the Order will think of something.”

“That’s right Harry,” chimed in Hermione, “The only person who’s going to die will be Voldemort. The Order will probably follow you and Draco and then they’ll kill him.”

I stopped outside the hospital doors. “Good night you three.”

Hermione gave me a kiss goodnight and then left down the hall with the silent Gryffindors.

I made my way inside and changed into a pair of black pajamas that had been sitting on my bed. Climbing underneath the covers, I snuggled down, sleep already pulling at my rapidly closing eyelids. A had a lot on my mind, but it would all be taken care of, or at least I hope so.


Draco POV

Nervously, I brushed my the blond bangs out of my face, staring at my reflection in the mirror. I was going to meet the Order, the group I had heard so much about yet never been given the chance to talk to.

There were three days left before I was to bring Harry to Voldemort. Those other four had flown by in a blur, nothing really sticking out. We had continued to attend classes like normal, acting as though nothing was up.

Although Harry has been on his toes, jumping every time he sees his own shadow. Can’t say I really blame him. He is going to be at my mercy, and I am at Voldemort’s. But the fact that he knows he is walking into a death trap just makes it worse.

“Draco! Hurry up!” yelled Hermione from outside the prefect’s bathroom door. “Dumbledore said we had to leave NOW!”

Taking one last glance in the mirror, I pushed the stray bits of hair back, straightened my robes, and opened the door. “Do I look alright?” I asked, plucking at my tie.

“You always look perfect Draco. You spend more time in the bathroom than me! Now come on!” She grabbed my sleeve, and dragged me towards the headmaster’s office, his fireplace connected to the flu network to the Order’s headquarters.

We reached the stairs, Hermione’s face bright pink from the climb and the mounting excitement that she would get to see everyone again. Me, paler than normal and feeling quite under the weather.

When we entered the large circular room of the headmaster’s office, only Dumbledore stood by the fireplace, everyone else having already flooed. “There you two are,” said Dumbledore with a smile. “What took you so long?”

“Draco was fixing his hair,” said Hermione sarcastically.

“It didn’t look good before,” I defended myself. Dumbledore watched the little argument that ensued over my hair with interest before butting in.

“Come now, both of you. We must join the others. Miss Granger?” The aging wizard held out the little jar of green floo powder which Hermione took and threw into the fireplace.

“12 Grimmauld Place,” she said clearly before being swallowed by the flames.

“Now you Mr. Malfoy. Oh, and just as a little warning,” said Dumbledore as I climbed into the fireplace. “Expect a pleasant surprise when we arrive.”

I nodded, a puzzled look on my face and recited the address that Hermione had just gone to. Seconds later, I tumbled out of a fireplace onto a large black rug, the hair I had been working so hard on now covered in soot.

A pair of arms wrapped themselves around me in a hug, squeezing me like they’d never let me go.

“Mother?” I asked, looking into the familiar face of my mom. She looked much healthier, a bit of rosy color on her cheeks and a large smile on her face even though she was crying.

“Oh Draco,” she murmured, rocking slightly and moving me with her. “I’m so glad you’re okay... So glad...” I wrapped my arms around Mother and returned the hug, feeling absolute delight at being back in her embrace. I could hear awing from who ever else was in the room with us, but chose to ignore it.

She released me from the hug and placed her hands on my shoulders and pushed me back so she could see me up and down. “Look at you, you’ve grown so much.. My little dragon...”

It was true, I had grown taller since the last time she’d seen me which had been in December. Now it was February, two whole months. Sure, I was still shorter than her, but she was tall for a woman at 5’7’’.

“Draco, I’d like you to meet some relatives... This here,” she said gesturing to a man with long black hair, “Is your Uncle Sirius.”

“Just call me Sirius,” he said, obviously not liking all the formalities.

“And this is your cousin Nymphadora, although she prefers to be called Tonks,” Mother added hurriedly.

A bubble gum colored hair girl came towards me. “Hiya there Draco.” She offered her hand, which I took politely, but was unprepared for the hearty pumping she would give. “Welcome to Grimmauld!”

“If everyone could please move into the kitchen,” said Dumbledore pointing to the large room with a table in the middle. I took my seat next to Mother and Hermione, and scanned the table eagerly to see who other members of the Order were.

There was Tonks and Sirius of course, plus McGonagall, Snape and Dumbledore. The old DADA teacher, Lupin was here, as well as Mad-Eye Moody was there too. Arthur and Molly Weasley, Ron’s parents, along with three other older Weasleys, although I only remember the youngest of the three, Percy. And there was Ron, Hermione, and Harry too. I didn’t recognize the rest.

“To start off this meeting,” started Dumbledore, “I’d appreciate if you’d all introduce yourselves to young Mr. Malfoy here.”

A black wizard nodded his head and said, “Kingsley Shacklebolt.” All in turn, witches and wizards around the table said their name so I know knew who the others were; Elphias Doge, Dedalus Diggle, Emmeline Vance, Sturgis Podmore, and Hestia Jones. And the other two Weasleys were Bill and Charlie.

“Now on to business,” state Dumbledore. “We have been informed by Draco that Voldemort wishes to kill Harry in three days time now.” Whispers and hushed exclamations of surprise rose around the table, Molly Weasley reaching from her seat and giving Harry a huge hug, causing the boy to go bright red.

“We also, with your help, may be able to defeat Voldemort in three days.”

Now excited whispers raced around the room, each filled with the hope that all of this hiding and darkness would be gone for good.

“Harry. I must tell you something,” said Dumbledore gravely, looking at the messy haired teen. “I should have told you in the beginning, but you were to young, still with a life ahead of you.

But over time you kept proving to me how you weren’t a child. First you rescued the Sorcerer’s Stone. Then you defeated a basilisk and saved young Ginny Weasley’s life. In your third year you rescued Sirius from an unspeakable fate and in fourth you won the Triwizard Tournament and witnessed the resurrecting of the Dark Lord. But know is the time in which you must hear what I have to say.”

The whole room waited with baited breath, wondering what was so important that Dumbledore felt he had to tell Harry.

“There is a prophecy, a real one,” he said, hearing Hermione’s snort of disbelief, “That says something most dreadful. It explained who the one that would be a challenge to Voldemort would be born. There were two choices Harry, you or Neville Longbottom, Voldemort chose you.

It is said that... I will quote it, from what Professor Trelawny predicted. ‘And either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives.’ ”

Stunned silence greeted Dumbledore’s words.

“Does that mean?” asked McGonagall timidly. “That....”

“Yes,” said Dumbledore wearily, “It means that you Harry, you, are the only one who will be able to kill Voldemort. That means that when you are brought before him, you must kill him Harry, you must. Put aside all feelings of killing is wrong, for Voldemort is nothing but evil. Do you understand?”

“No, I don’t,” the boy wonder said, shaking his head. “I mean, I understand that he is evil, but I don’t wan to. I don’t want to kill anyone.”

The group exchanged glances with one another. Harry, the perfect student, the daring one, had just said he didn’t want to do it. Well, not in those words but that was the general meaning behind it.

“Harry,” said Dumbledore, turning to the boy, “This is for the good of everyone. We need you.”

“I’m still just a kid,” he blurted, standing abruptly up, the chair crashing to the floor. “I may have done some incredible things, but that doesn’t mean I always wanted too. Everyone,” he said, tears welling up in the corners of his eyes and his hands clenched into fists at his side, “Everyone thought that someday I would defeat Voldemort, I was the hope. I goofed off at school, defeated him on more than one occasion and people would go ‘Oh, he’ll save the world. He’s so powerful.’”

He took a deep breath and then continued. “But what those idiots might have missed is maybe it is all just luck. If I hadn’t been able to speak Parseltongue, than I would never have even gotten into the Chamber of Secrets. If we hadn’t stumbled upon Fluffy, then we would never have even found out about the Sorcerer’s Stone. And during all of those adventures, I had Ron and Hermione to back me up and help. Now you’re asking me to do this on my own?”

“That’s not what we’re asking of you Harry,” said McGonagall, “We-”

“But you’re still asking something of me. Go find some other person with a scar on their forehead, because I’m through.” Pivoting around, he ran out of the room, a door slamming somewhere within the house.

I rose gracefully from my seat. “I’ll go talk to him,” I volunteered. Hermione and Ron rose as well and followed me out of the kitchen. “Where would I go if I was Harry?” I wondered aloud to myself.

“Probably to his room,” said Ron, pointing at a rickety looking staircase. “Let’s go.” The three of us made our way up, the stairs creaking ominously underfoot. We walked down a hall, only some sleeping portraits for decoration and paused outside a wooden door.

Timidly, Hermione knocked. “Harry? Are you in there?”

“Go away,” came a muffled reply.

I reached forward and eased open the door. The room was a complete mess, cracked glass from the mirror lay all over the floor and several dents were in the wall. “Harry, please talk to us,” begged Hermione, picking her way over the shards of mirror and to the figure lying facedown on the bed.

“Look,” said Ron, making his way over to Harry. “I’m with you mate, I wouldn’t want to do this either. But can we look at it this way? What’s better to lose, one evil man or thousands of innocent people?”

“One evil man,” muttered Harry.

“Good, so you see where we need you Harry. If I could do this, I’d probably chicken out, but you’re different. You don’t let things frighten you Harry, you can do this.”

“We’ll always be with you,” said Hermione, taking one of Harry’s hands and placing it over her heart. “Even if you can’t see us, we’ll always be there.”

“Listen Harry,” I said, joining in the conversation, “I know we’ve only begun to get along, but I already admire you. You have great courage and know how to stand up for yourself. And if you’re scared of Voldemort,” I said, a slight challenge on my lips now, “Then you just need to say so.”

“I’m not scared!” yelled Harry, sitting up and glaring daggers at me. “How dare you even suggest that!”

“Then if you’re not scared, why refuse to fight him? Hmmm? You are scared Harry.”

“No I’m not!” he cried, jumping off the bed and stamping his foot, much like a child having a temper tantrum.

“Then prove it,” I said, a smirk on my lips.

“Fine I will. I’ll go kill that old loony and then we’ll just have to see Draco!”

I smiled at Hermione and Ron who smiled back, knowing I had done that on purpose. “Then let’s go down and explain it to Dumbledore,” I said, leading the way, which Harry quickly took over, marching down the steps.

“Good, it is nice to see you’re ready to begin Harry. Now, let me explain this part of our plan,” said Dumbledore, turning back to the rest of the Order. “Mr. Malfoy here holds a very special position in Voldemort’s forces. Even though he is but fifteen, Draco has been Marked. Not just any mark,” said Dumbledore looking at each Order Member, “He has become heir to Voldemort, and therefore resides within the inner circle. Would you mind showing them the Mark Draco?”

Slowly I rolled up my arm sleeve, still pretty self conscious about it, but let them all see the blood red skull that had been burned into my skin. I turned my head away from their looks of pity, I didn’t want it.

“Who else is in this higher circle Draco?” asked Tonks, noticing my discomfort.

“Well, my father, Peter Pettigrew and Bellatrix Lestrange,” I answered, rolling down my sleeve. “Professor, I have a question. Is it possible to use any of my powers from him? They could be of service....”

Dumbledore beckoned me over to him and I let him trace the skull with his wand, muttering a few well chosen words. “Odd... Yes Draco, you have the power, but it has been locked away. How, I do not know, but it will be of no use right now.

Then, Dumbledore once more brought the conversation back to the current topic. “Voldemort requested that Draco bring Harry to him in one week, three days from now. Here is the plan. Draco,” he said, turning to face me, “You will bring Harry with you.”

I stared at him open mouthed. As soon as Harry got there he was a sitting duck. Or maybe a sitting wizard...

“You will not stun him or bind him in anyway. As soon as you get there, Order members who had arrived with you, will start to bring down the Death Eaters while you Harry,” he said, now turning to my old arch-nemesis, “Will kill Voldemort. Does everyone agree to this plan?”

“Where should I be stationed Albus?” asked Snape.

“The best place for you would be with the rest of the Order Severus. If Voldemort was to sense that something was off, he would suspect you since you are currently skating on thin ice.”

Snape nodded, probably recalling his mistake. “Does everyone agree?” asked Dumbledore for a second time. People nodded around the room. “Harry?” He glanced at me and I smirked, a challenge in my eyes. He nodded his head enthusiastically. “Draco?” My eyes narrowed in determined slits and I too nodded my head.

“Good. Then everyone, head back to your posts. Draco, you’re welcome to stay here for the night.” I nodded as Mother squeezed my shoulder. After giving Hermione a kiss goodbye and good night, the trio and Dumbledore, with the two other professors took off for Hogwarts.

Now only myself, Mother, Sirius, and Tonks were left in this huge mansion. Mother immediately burst into tears, pulling me into a large hug. “How could I leave you with him?” wailed Mother, tears streaming down her face.

“It’s alright Mother...I’m fine really...” I said.

Suddenly, her hands which had been wrapped around me and making small circles on my back for comfort stopped. “Draco, take off your shirt now,” she commanded.

“Mother I’m fine, there is no reas-”

“TAKE IT OFF NOW DRACO!”

With a sigh of defeat, I pulled the garment off over my head, being very careful to keep my back against the chair. I think she felt the scars I’d gotten from the whip, I think...

“Stand up and turn around,” she ordered, her voice leaving no room for retorts. Slowly, I stood and then turned, wincing at the intakes of breath from the other occupants in the room. I knew it was bad, crisscrossing red lines, some a paler pink, all over my back, marring the perfectly white skin.

“Did he do this to you?” she asked, her voice cold.

“Yes,” I said softly.

“Who did that?” asked Tonks.

“Lucius,” said Mother curtly, running one of her fingers down a lash.

“That sick bastard,” growled Sirius. “How dare he... What gives him the right?”

Mother shook her head in answer to Sirius’s question, and then wrapped her arms around me once again, just pressing me gently against her. I turned so that my head was buried against her, small tears leaking out of my eyes. I didn’t want them to see me cry.

“Should I bring him up to bed Cissa?” asked Sirius. “He looks like he could use a good rest.”

She nodded and let Sirius pick me up. I buried my head against him as well, so no one would see the tears pouring silently down my face. Strong arms carried me upstairs and into a room and then down into a bed.

I turned so that my face was now in the pillow and I heard my uncle give a deep sigh. “You’re safe here Draco, I won’t let any harm come to you.. Good night.” He left the room, the door shutting softly behind him.

Minutes later, Mother entered and sat down on the side of the bed, her hand touching my bare shoulder gently. “I’m so sorry Draco. I’m so sorry...”

“Mother?” I rolled over so I was looking up at her. “How come we can’t be a happy family. Why did he have to turn evil?” Tears choked up my voice, making droplets of water form in the corners of her eyes.

“Because Draco,” she said, pulling my up so I was leaning against her, her arms wrapped securely around me, “He changed. He realized that power is what mattered, nothing more.”

“But what about us?” I sobbed, the tears streaming, unhidden, down my face, “We’re his family! Don’t we mean anything?”

“He thinks we are just tools Draco, just items to increase his power and standing with Voldemort.”

“Why can’t I have a normal dad? Why did I have to be born a Malfoy?” I cried. “Why, tell me Mom, why?”

“I don’t know Draco,” she said, her arm wrapping into a tighter hug around me. “I don’t know...”


“Are you ready?” asked Harry, standing next to me.

“No... I can’t believe we’re doing this Harry. I don’t want you to die!”

“I’m not going to die,” he said reassuringly. “Now, let’s review the plan. You are going to take me by portkey and I’m going to pretend to not know what is going on. Then, once the Order breaks in, you get out of there and let me do my job.”

“Alright,” I said, “But I still don’t like it. It almost seems too easy.”

“Relax Draco, the plan is foolproof. Now come on, let’s go...”

“Got your wand?”

“Yep. You?”

“Right here,” I said, patting the sleeve where I’d stored it. “Shouldn’t we say good bye first?” I asked. “It doesn’t feel right not saying anything to our friends...”

“We don’t have time. Now, I’m going to stand in front of you. You take your wand and place it to my head. Good.... Now take out your portkey and wait for it to activate. Remember... act.”

That was the last thing he said to me as I fell into a whirlwind of color, greens, grays, and blacks swirling into one huge mass. A few seconds later, my feet landed on solid ground. I looked up from Harry, seeing that he had also arrived safely, and scanned the room.

Behind me was a throne with none other than Voldemort. I heard Harry give a hiss of pain at the nearness he was to that vile man. In front of me, not on the stage where Harry, myself, and Voldemort were, was a large ocean of black hooded people... Death Eaters.

Three Death Eaters emerged from the shadows next to Voldemort’s throne, Father, Bellatrix and Pettigrew. “Well done Draco,” congratulated Voldemort, clapping his hands together. “Bring him over here.”

Forcefully, I shoved Harry towards the snake looking man, my own instincts telling me to run. “I brought Harry Potter to you just as you asked My Lord,” I said, staring right into the vibrant red orbs.

“Yes...” he said, eyeing me up and down. “Come here for one moment child, there is something I wish to see....”

End Draco POV

Harry POV

I watched, knowing something was amiss as Draco approached Voldemort. I felt Lucius’s wand trained at me, so I didn’t dare move, although I couldn’t stop my scar from hurting.

“Roll up your sleeve Draco,” hissed the Dark Lord.

Obediently, Draco rolled up the black robe sleeve on his left, revealing the mark, now an odd shimmering black. What the....?

“Have you been disobeying orders Draco?” asked Voldemort, his eyes fixed on the black spot. “Do you know what this means? It means you have not been completely loyal,” he hissed, red eyes flashing. “Lucius, hand me my veritaserum, I need to test your son.”

Draco’s eyes caught mine, widening slightly in panic. I was starting to feel nervous too, where was the Order? They should have been here by now...

End Harry POV


“What’s wrong!” screamed Molly, looking at all the frightened faces that filled Grimmauld. “Why isn’t everyone gone?”

Vainly, Tonks tried to apparate, only to have her form shimmer an odd black. “There’s some type of barrier around the house and all surrounding land!” exclaimed the pink haired witch, tears of frustration running down her cheeks.

“You mean Harry and Draco are there by themselves!” yelled Molly. “Dear God, how can this be happening?” The distraught woman sat down in a chair, oblivious to the futile efforts to reach the boys.

Narcissa sat in the corner of the room, Bill talking gently and trying to calm the crying woman. “You don’t understand!” she wailed. “That’s my son! That’s my son!”

Dumbledore waved a hand, an order to stop the feeble attempts to apparate to Riddle Manor. “It is no use,” he said gravely, “We will have to hope that Draco and Harry can pull through this... alone.”


Harry POV

Lucius Malfoy took out a little clear bottle out of his robes and handed it to Pettigrew, his wand trained on me the entire time. The little rat man hurriedly handed it to Voldemort who had Draco grasped tightly by the arm.

Holding the bottle up towards Draco, he said, “Have a sip Draco.”

“Thanks, but I’m not really thirsty,” the Slytherin replied, keeping his head turned away from the potion. Lucius stormed over, Lestrange now covering me, and backhanded Draco across the face. He didn’t even flinch.

“When our Lord offers you something, you take it Draco. My Lord,” he said turning and bowing to Voldemort, “May I have the honor of giving the veritaserum to my son?”

“Of course Lucius. This should be interesting,” chuckled Voldemort, looking at the sneer that had crossed Lucius’s face when he turned towards his son.

Malfoy Senior uncapped the bottle and brought it towards Draco’s mouth, who didn’t move a muscle. As soon as the bottle pressed against his lips, the blond retaliated, by biting Lucius’ finger near the rim of the bottle.

Silently, I cheered as Draco ducked the blow his father sent his way, yanked Voldemort’s arm from his shoulder and drew his wand, all in one fluid motion. Unfortunately, there were many more Death Eaters that Draco.

Lestrange quickly cast a tripping jinx as Draco pivoted and crashed right into it, and then Lucius was upon him, sitting on top of the helpless Slytherin, his arms pinned beneath him. Grinning, Lucius held the bottle up to Draco’s mouth and forced him to drink all of the clear liquid.

Almost instantly, a light film spread over Draco’s eyes and he remained perfectly still beneath Lucius. The father of my friend got off and shoved Draco to his feet in front of Voldemort.

“Draco,” said Voldemort in a polite tone, with menace buried beneath, “Have you been betraying me?”

“Yes,” came the monotonous reply.

“How so?”

“I am a spy for Dumbledore.”

Oh no, this can’t be happening. I don’t blame Draco in the slightest, but still.... And where the Hell is that damned Order? They’re long past their due date.

“And what sort of information have you been passing to Dumbledore?”

“That I was your heir, the time and location for this meeting, among other small things.”

“Lucius.” Voldemort turned his ruby eyes on the older Malfoy. “Do you agree with the punishment your son should receive?”

“He is no son of mine,” spat Lucius. “I am so sorry My Lord,” he said, bowing low.

“I hold you in no position to feel guilty Lucius. It is not your fault your son is weak minded and can be swayed so easily.” Voldemort took a little blue vial out of his pocket and held it out to Lucius. “Give that to him, bring him out of his truthful state.”

The blue potion was administered, and at once, Draco kicked out with his leg, catching Lucius right in the stomach before he was pinned down by Peter. “You are a disappointment to me Draco,” said Voldemort, bending down so his face was right in front of Draco’s.

Then I don’t know if Draco wants to die faster or what, he spat right in Voldemort’s face, smirking as Voldemort reared back, clutching his eye. “Insolent brat!” he yelled, slamming his foot down on the back of Draco’s head.

“Should I kill him My Lord?” asked Lucius, staring with contempt at his son.

Voldemort turned his face to look at me, catching the angry and helpless look hovering there. “No, not quite yet....” He approached me, his fingers picking my chin up slightly, white hot pain bursting though my head. “Potter cares about the boy, we’ll make both of them suffer.”

Turing towards Pettigrew, who still held Draco down, the Dark Lord said, “Let us all give Draco Malfoy a slow death, so we can watch Potter suffer..” Joyous cries, filled the room, glad that they too could torture a victim.

I was pushed to the ground and my hands bound behind my back with a thick cord. Then, in growing horror, I watched as Draco was pulled to the middle of the stage, Death Eaters pulling out their wands.

“Lucius, I give you permission to go first at him, he is your son.”

“Thank you My Lord.” Turning back to Draco, who glared defiantly at his father, he said quite plainly, “Crucio.”

Draco crumpled to the floor, his mouth a thin line and his eyes glazing over, yet he didn’t utter a sound. Bellatrix raised her wand and said the spell for the Crutacius Curse as well, adding to Lucius’s.

I myself yelled, although you couldn’t hear me over the chanting and yelling of the Death Eaters as they egged each other on.

“HARRY!“screamed Draco, his voice rising above the others. I winced at the note of panic, the intense pain all held in one simple cry. I strained at my bonds, glaring at Voldemort who just smiled at me. Honestly, the smile was scarier than the normal expression.

“Why are you doing this?” I asked, looking up at Voldemort, ignoring the pain blossoming in my head. “Just kill me and get it over with. Draco doesn’t deserve this.”

He bent down so his face was level with mine. “It does not matter if he deserves it Harry, it is more of a matter of how much we want to do it. He betrayed us and in every aspect deserves this pain. Besides, he likes it.”

“How can you call that liking it?” I asked, my gaze falling on the figure of my friend, now crying, Lucius laughing madly in the background as he saw the prize he had sought after for so long.

“We consider pain an endearing companion Harry. It allows us to become stronger, more solid and determined. Perhaps we won’t kill him... Just spare the boy until he is completely insane, much like the Longbottoms...”

I growled, “How dare you even say their names. They were brilliant, wonderful, and caring people and you stripped that life from them, from their son. You aren’t even fit to shine their shoes!”

His hand caught me across the face and I gasped at the ferocity the snake man held, the power he possessed. And that was when it hit me what he could do if I lost this battle.

I caught sight of Draco, a bloodied and bruised mass, yet his eyes still held that defiant glare and he stared right at me, his eyes not leaving my emerald ones. It was then I became aware of Voldemort standing above me, his wand pointed at my head.

“Aren’t you even going to untie me so we can fight fairly?” I asked through clenched teeth. “As a wizard duel, you should at least grant me that.”

“I’ll untie you Harry, after you’re dead,” he hissed, leveling the wand to catch me straight in the chest.

“All is fair in love and war Harry. Say hello to your parents for me. Avada Ker-” I closed my eyes tightly, knowing my incredibly short life was about to end, but was surprised when the curse didn’t finish.

I opened my eyes and was met with a scene I’m sure I’ll never forget. Draco, floating about two feet off the ground on his back, looking for all the world like a sacrifice, was glowing a bright gold. Large waves of golden light were rolling off of him and Death Eaters were screaming in panic as the waves hit them.

Voldemort himself had been slightly dazed by the bright light that filled the room. It was then I realized that the light had snapped the cords tying my wrists together. At once, voices from my friends entered my head as I gazed at the Dark Lord.

‘What’s better to lose, one evil man or thousands of innocent people?’

‘We’ll always be with you.’

‘You can do it!

“HARRY!”

‘We’re counting on you...’

‘Hold on Harry.’

‘Take my body back, will you?’

So many people had counted on me, believed in me, given me courage to go on. And I for one was not about to let all the sacrifices my family, my friends had given him go to waste.

“All is fair in love and war,” I whispered, before quickly pulling out my wand and pointing it at his head. “Say hello to Lucius for me, in Hell,” I spat. “Avada kervada.” I didn’t say it with hatred, I didn’t say it with pride, but I said it with feeling, and pure raw anger. And when his form crumpled to the ground and didn’t rise, I knew I had won.

I looked back towards the main group of Death Eaters. Many were shielding their eyes from the bright light that Malfoy was shooting off, but it was beginning to fade and he was floating back down to the ground.

I dashed over and scooped him into my arms, fumbling in his pockets for the portkey, a black gemstone, that would bring us back to Hogwarts. Feeling a smooth hard object, I drew it out and squeezed it in my palm, willing it to activate.

A few seconds later, a blur of colors surrounded us and then everything went dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment