Thursday, February 11, 2010

Prove It Chapter Four

AN-I got a lot of response for last chapter. Thanks to all who reviewed. I loved some of the suggestions that Harry should ask to join them. I don’t think I’m up to writing threesomes yet and that wouldn’t work with the story I have planned out, but I loved the idea. Anyway on with the chapter.

Disclaimer-Don’t own it.

Chapter 4

“They told me be sensible with your new love,
Don t be fooled thinking this is the last you ll find.
But they never stood in the dark with you love,
When you take me in your arms and drive me slowly out of my mind”

-Mel Carter “Hold me, thrill me, kiss me”

“Harry? Wha-What are you doing here?” Hermione chocked out. This can’t be happening, she thought over and over again. She felt like a child who was caught with her hand in the cookie jar before dinner. Harry grinned slightly at her; that scared her slightly. He was either going to run and tell Ron, who would make a big scene and the whole school would know, or he would tease her mercilessly. She prayed it was the second latter, teasing she could handle.

“Well, I was worried about you, you seemed so out of it today. So I got out the map so I could find you and I could talk to you. Then I saw you with Malfoy. I thought he might be giving you a hard time again.” Harry explained with a small shrug. “But it seems to be quite the opposite. Care to explain?”

“It’s not what you think,” Hermione started. Harry raised an eyebrow. “Ok it’s exactly what you think. Draco and I have been seeing each other; I guess you could call it that, for a few months.”

They started to walk about to the common room in silence. Hermione never felt more ashamed of this whole affair as she did this moment. “So are you two like boyfriend/girlfriend? You do realize that its Draco Malfoy right? You know, the jerk that has made life for you a living hell?”

“Its just sex. That’s all it is and all it will ever be. And of course I know its Draco. Do you think I would have hid it from you if it were someone else? And I’m sorry I hid it from you. I hate lying to you and Ron. I feel so ashamed.” Hermione looked down at her feet, wrapping her arms around her body. They didn’t speak another word until they got to the common room. Before she went to her room, she grabbed Harry’s arm and looked him straight in the eye. “Harry, please don’t tell anyone. Ok? You are not even supposed to know. Just please promise me.”

Harry sighed. “I won’t. Hermione, my opinion of you hasn’t changed. It’s not like I never hooked up with girls. As you well know, from the few times we hooked up. I just don’t want you to get hurt, especially by Malfoy. If you want to keep doing this whole secret affair thing, I won’t breathe a word. But if you decide to end it, I’ll be here for you. Whatever you choose, I’ll support you.”

“Thanks.” Hermione hugged him tight before they went up to their dormitories. She didn’t get any sleep that night. She tossed and turned, trying to get her mind to quiet down. Harry knew, but he wasn’t mad at her. She was mad at herself enough for the both of them. Earlier that day Hermione had found herself at a crossroads with only two directions: she could keep having an affair with Draco, and feel guilt ridden or she could tell Draco that it’s over and go back to a normal life. But then after tonight’s events, she found herself another road: Draco said he cared for her, while she wasn’t sure what that could mean, it like a point in the right direction.

AN-Did that like totally suck? I have to say, I really enjoyed writing how Hermione felt ashamed. It made her seem so normal. I don’t know why, but when I read the books, I got the vibe from her that she didn’t care what people thought of her. I’m a little iffy on the end paragraph though. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment