Thursday, February 11, 2010

Prove It Chapter Fourteen

Disclaimer-I don’t own Harry Potter.

Anita stared at the long, scarlet train before her nervously. Her heart was pounding with excitement as she looked around at the other students saying goodbye to their families.

“What if I don’t make any friends?” she asked, looking up at her parents. Hermione smiled reassuringly.

“You’ll make lots of friends. Just be yourself.” She said, readjusting Tristan, who was only two on her hip. Anita’s other brother, seven year old Adair, was at school and couldn’t be there to see her off.

“What if I’m in Gryffindor?” she asked, looking up at Draco, her blue eyes gazing into his imploringly.

“Then your mother and I will be proud of you.” He said simply.

“What if I’m in Slytherin?”

“Then I will be extremely proud of you and I will get you a new broom. Ow! Hermione, was that really necessary?” Draco asked, rubbing his shoulder where Hermione slapped him. The whistle blew and students around them began boarding the train, chattering with excitement. “Honey, you better get a move on; don’t want to miss the train.”

“But dad, what if I’m in Hufflepuff?” Anita asked fearfully, clutching at his arm. Draco sighed.

“It doesn’t matter what house you’re in, you mother and I couldn’t be more proud of you. If you’re in Slytherin, I hope you make friends with people in not just your house, but other houses as well. If you’re in Ravenclaw, I hope you get the best marks. And if you’re in Gryffindor, find friends just like your mum found in Uncle Harry and Ron.” Draco said, stroking his daughters long brown hair out of the side. Hermione beamed down at her husband and in pride. Anita opened her mouth again, but Draco cut her off. “It doesn’t matter if your in Hufflepuff either, now get on that train.”

Anita nodded and hugged both of her parents tightly and gave Tristan a kiss on the cheek, before hurrying off to the train. Draco wrapped his arm around Hermione.

“She’ll be alright, won’t she?” Hermione asked as the train pulled out of the platform.

“Of course she will.” Draco said. Tristan started crying as he realized that his sister left.

“Shh, it’s okay Tristan,” Hermione said soothingly, rubbing the toddlers back. “Sissy will be back at Christmas.”


Dear Mum and Dad,

Hogwarts is exactly like you described it, it’s unbelievable. Classes are going great and I’m beginning to make some really amazing friends. Professor Longbottom tells me stories about when you were in school. Did you really get turned into a ferret dad?

I really wanted to make this a long letter, but I already have a lot of homework to do so I should wrap this up. I miss you all very much. Give Tristan a kiss for me and tell Adair I miss him. I’ll write you next week.

Love,

Anita

P.S. I forgot to mention, I was sorted into Gryffindor.


Hermione watched in amusement from Anita’s bed as the sixteen year old unpacked her trunk, chatting animatedly about her sixth year. Of course, she talked about her friends, her two best friends reminded Hermione a lot of herself, Ron and Harry. She talked about keeping an eye on Adair as much as she could during his first year, he was sorted into Ravenclaw. And then she mentioned him, as she called the boy from Slytherin. He was Blaise Zambini’s son, Gianni.

“He’s a nightmare, honestly. He says the meanest things to me and constantly fights with Geoffrey and Adam. I don’t know how I’m going to stand another year with him.” Anita said, trying to stuff her clothes into her overstuffed closet. “I hate him!”

“You know, your father used to be the same way. We couldn’t stand each other and yet we ended up together. And from the way you’re talking about Gianni, you might just follow in our footsteps.” Hermione said knowingly. Anita gagged.

“Merlin I hope you’re wrong, I can’t even think of falling for that-that, arse.” Anita said, sitting down next to her mother. She crossed her legs and looked at Hermione curiously. “How did you and dad get together anyway? Every time I ask, you say you’ll tell me when I’m older.”

Hermione still to this day blushes every time she thinks of how she and Draco got together. She had always put telling Anita the story, but she figured that Anita was old enough to hear the story. She would be seventeen in a few months. ‘Wow, my baby’s going be seventeen,’ Hermione thought in shock. It seemed like just yesterday, Hermione was holding her for the first time, amazed that she and Draco had created something so perfect.

“Mum?” Hermione was brought out of her stupor by Anita looking at her impatiently. “Please tell me the story?”

“Okay, it was in my seventh year of school…”


Two years later…

“Ready dad?” Anita asked, offering her right arm arm. She was wearing her mom’s wedding dress, looking excitedly at the doors that were separating her from her soon to be husband.

“No, I’m not ready,” Draco said, honestly. He wasn’t ready, but he walked her down the aisle anyway and placed her hand in Gianni’s awaiting one before taking his place beside Hermione. She grabbed his hand and squeezed it as the couple said their “I do’s.” And history repeats itself…

No comments:

Post a Comment