Thursday, February 11, 2010

Prove It Chapter Eight

AN-I wrote this while the server was down. So I thought I’d post two chapters. I hope you liked Chapter 7. I don’t know why, but every time I post, I think people are going to hate it. I’m being very paranoid lately.

Disclaimer-I do not own Harry Potter. I keep forgetting to put the disclaimer. If I’ve forgotten up until this point, I’m sorry.

Chapter 8

Harry sat in one of the good armchairs by the fire. It was well past ten and neither of his best friends had returned. Hermione probably was staying the night with Draco, but Ron hadn’t come back yet and that had him worried. Harry hoped that Hermione and Ron did not get into a fight, but that was what most likely what happened, judging by their track record. Sometimes, he wondered how Hermione and Ron managed to be friends at all, due to all their fights. Well, even if Ron and Hermione had a fight, Harry would do some damage control. He didn’t want his best friends fighting over such a silly thing.

Harry really didn’t care that Hermione and Malfoy were together. He saw the way she and Malfoy looked at each other. Hermione seemed so happy the whole day that the three of them were together. He just hoped Ron would come around. Malfoy isn’t as horrible as they thought.

Around midnight, Harry heard the portrait hole open up behind him. Turning around, he saw Ron walking toward the stairs to the dormitory with a very angry expression on his face. Harry cleared his throat and stood up.

“Ron, what happened? Did you two fight again?” Harry asked, already having a general idea of what went down.

“I don’t want talk about it, Harry. Stay out of it.” Ron said, as he walked over and plopped down in a chair instead of going up to bed. He stared at the fire.

“I don’t think I can stay out of it. You and Hermione are my best friends. I hate it when you two fight.” Harry said. Ron pretended he didn’t hear Harry. “Look, I know you don’t like Malfoy, but you need to get over it.”

“What? I need to get over the fact that Hermione’s dating that-that bastard.” Ron shouted. Harry grimaced, hoping Ron didn’t wake up anyone.

“Yes, you do. He makes Hermione very happy. I think you need to get over yourself and try to make nice with him. He’s actually trying to be civil to us.”

“Look, I’ve heard enough of that from Hermione, I don’t need you preaching to me, too.” Ron said. Harry sighed. He clearly wasn’t going to get anywhere with Ron.

“You know what, whatever. I give up. But I’m not going to go back and forth between you and Hermione this time. I’m going to take her side for once.” Harry said. Giving Ron one last glance, he turned and headed to the stairs.

The next morning came all to quick. Sun protruded Harry’s closed eyes and he wished he had drawn the curtains last night before he fell asleep. He buried his head under the pillow before giving up on trying to get back to sleep. Harry took a quick shower before getting dressed and heading down to the common room. He was surprised to see Ron already up and sitting in the chair where Harry left him last night.

“Are you coming to breakfast?” Harry asked him. Ron ignored him. Harry sighed and walked out the portrait hole. When he arrived at the Great Hall, he was slightly surprised to see Malfoy and Hermione already at the Slytherin table already, sitting on the way end away from the rest of the people at the table. Crabbe sat next to Malfoy with Goyle across from Crabbe. Malfoy had his left arm around her waist. Hermione looked up and saw him and she sent him a smile, waving him over to join them. He returned it as he sat down across from her and poured some corn flakes. “Hey.”

“Hey,” Hermione said, still smiling. Harry never saw he smile so much. She glanced at the doors from time to time, looking for Ron, Harry and Draco both guessed.

“I don’t think he’s coming, Hermione.” Harry said, shaking his head slightly.

“Oh,” was all she relied. Harry went on to tell them about the talk he had with Ron. Hermione sighed. “Thanks for trying, Harry. You didn’t have to.”

“Yeah, Potter, er, thank you.” Draco said uncomfortably. Harry nodded in his direction and continued to eat his breakfast. Draco’s gaze drifted toward the door and a small smile graced his lips. Harry and Hermione followed his gaze and both let out small gasp. Ron came walking toward them, a small look of defeat on his face.

“Do you mind if I sit there,” He said, pointing to the seat across from Draco in between Goyle and Harry.

“No, go right ahead.” Draco replied. Goyle threw a look of disgust toward Draco and started to inch away from Ron. Crabbe and Goyle still weren’t completely sold on the whole be-nice-to-Hermione’s-friends idea. Hermione beamed as Ron slid in the seat.

“Good to see you decided to join us,” Harry said, clapping his friend on the back.

“Yeah, well, we can’t be stuck up jerks all the time,” Ron said. He looked to Hermione. “I’m sorry, Hermione. I wish I could take back everything I said last night.”

“No worries, Ron. I’m just glad you came to sit with us.” Hermione said. She smiled again looking back and forth between everyone, as Ron and Harry made awkward conversation with Draco and the other Slytherins. ‘Maybe everything will all work out,’ she thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment