Friday, January 29, 2010

The Day- Chapter Two

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters however the story is my own.

Potions. Potions. Potions. Sounds like a fun class. And yet, Malfoy's behind me. Sounds like it should be funner. But I can't stop thinking about him, looking at him, watching him all class. Snape hates me already. But not Draco...he loves him. Doesn't everyone?
"Miss Granger. Can you tell me how much Frog's breath is needed?" Snape bellows from in front of me, hitting my desk and making me jump. Whispers of Mudblood flutter around. And Snape acts like he doesn't hear any of it. I'm still watching Draco when I answer. He's the only one who didn't say it. "You need 5 more drops, Professor Snape." I say, rigidly.
"Yes. Well, do increase the answer speed. We don't have all day." He says, whisking up his cape and heading to the front to show the class something.
Draco smiles at me and mouths "I can get you on his good side?" He points to himself, then to myself.
I blush and smile, mouthing back "Would you?"
He nods. "Of course, Miss Granger."
"Thank you, Mr. Malfoy."
He winks, and turns back. I slowly turn back, all breath having left my body.
I'm still smiling, thinking about how nice he really is when something hits me. I look up and Ron's glaring.
"You're a mudblood to him. No use fancying him." a piece of paper shaped like a bird says.
I look back, but Ron's already turned around. What's his problem?

As soon as the bell rings, Draco is before me, his wand out and he spellcasts my books onto his pile. Holding out an arm, he puts away the wand and asks, "Where to next, m'lady?" I giggle a little and start to reply when his friends walk in. my arm drops, and he glares at me. "What do you want, muggle born?" He sneers, but his eyes hold none of it and I understand. I understand because I would do the same if my friends stayed long enough to see that.
Eyes slitting, I tear my books from his hands and storm out of the room. He walks slowly out, amidst cheering from his doppelgangers. When the door shuts however, he runs to me and pulls my sleeve to a stop. "Bloody hell! I didn't mean it!"
I smile wickedly. "I know. I understand. I'd do the same if my friends had stayed after class to see that."
He laughs and takes my books back. "You know, I'm really starting to like you, Hermione Granger."
The words send my stomach into a fit of excitement even though he says them as casually as if he just said my hair was brown. I shrug, playing it off, like it happens often. "It’s just that irresistible charm I'm known for."

Talking late into the night, we are still in the library when house entrances are shut. Draco offered to take me to my house and so here we are, standing outside it, locked out.
I pull out my wand and look around. Leaning closer, I whisper in his ear so no one will hear me and so I can smell his scent. "I'm just gonna use my wand to get Harry and Ron to open it up for me. You should go now."
He nods, "Good idea." I start to pull away but he grabs my wrists. He puts my books down and leans in toward me. His lips meet mine for a nanosecond, far too short a time by all measures then disappears down the stairs toward his house. I lean against the wall of Gryffendor, sliding down it, my hands on my lips as a smile forms.

No comments:

Post a Comment