Friday, January 29, 2010

The Day- Chapter Three

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters however the story is my own.

The days pass by, much as that first night. We ignore each other, hating one another when others are around. But when it's just me and Draco...things change. I can't help it. I'm a traitor. I swear my loyalty to Harry and Ron and everyone against Voldemort and the Deatheaters. And yet, a mudblood such as I am falling steadily in love with the son of one whom I so adamantly protest.
"I don't understand..." Draco whines, as I try to explain simple potions to him.
"Come on, big boy! Snape freaking LOVES you. How do you not get this?" I say demonstrating it again, but he's toying with my hair, not listening.
"Because I'm distracted by the beautiful and cold girl sitting in front of me." He says, his breath on my neck, in perilously close proximity.
We are only year ones still, sure, the year's almost over...but we are the only couple couple here...
I blush and mutter under my breath "We aren't the only ones in the library yet! It’s supposed to look like I'm pained that Snape made me tutor you."
"Ri-" He says, removing his hands from my waist, as they were discreetly placed under my hair.
"HERMIONE! It's...They're here." Ron says, out of breath, running up to me, giving Draco a glare first as he grabs my hand and pulls me up and out of the library, running again. I manage to put all my weight into my feet, halting us. "Wait, what’s happening? Who's here?"
Ron looks at me, dead in the eye. "The death eaters. At quiddich practice, they tried to get Harry. He's in the hospital ward now."
My face goes pale, but in a split-second I'm running, Ron taking up after me.

"Oh, my god, Harry!" I scream, going to my knees as I see him on the hospital bed. Tears stream down my face. Was this the kind of thing I had missed, with all my thoughts of Draco, and with all my time being devoted to him in one way or another? What kind of person was I?
Harry takes my hand and looks at me. "Hermione? It’s not that bad."
"But they hurt you! The death eaters hurt you! And I wasn't there." I choke out, squeezing your hand.
"There was nothing you could do anyway. Its okay, I promise. But it’s for certain now. I have to fight Voldemort. And I'm going to need you and Ron. Are you with us?" I nod, resting my head on the cot, looking at Harry. Ron sits in the chair, and I take his hand in my other one. "Yeah, I'm with you guys.”

Eventually Harry drifts off to sleep and the nurse shoos Ron and I out. I'm still holding his hand as we walk up the stairs to our house. "Thank you for getting me." I say, smiling outside.
"He asked for you. But why are you saying that outside? Come on, let’s head in."
I give a small shake and drop his hand. "No, I’m going to go get my stuff from the library."
"I'll go with you!"
"No, go to bed, Ron." I say softly, and open the door for him. He looks at me, a little hurt, then steps in closing the door behind him.
I walk numbly to the library, fearful for Harry. A single tear escapes as I move, manically.
"Hermione. What's wrong?" Draco catches my hand as I walk in, and it’s just me and him, and he must have waited. This makes me sadder somehow.
I rub my eyes with my free hand and turn toward him, curling into his chest. "Harry. Deatheaters." I can't form a full sentence, but Draco isn't utterly dense and he understands. I feel him nod above my head as he wraps his arms tighter around me.
"I'm so sorry, Hermione." There's something like pain in his voice, but not for Harry.
I lean up and kiss him, full on the lips. "I just need you right now..." and then with a strength I hadn't known I possessed, I back him into a dark corner, arms and legs wrapping around him, kissing him fiercer than I ever have, or even knew you could kiss. He does his part, holding me up, kissing me back for all he's worth, and I'm utterly intoxicated. Moaning a little, I take out the clip behind my hair, held up only by Draco’s strong arms. He clears off a nearby table, placing me lightly on it, never breaking our kiss.
Cree-ee-ak.
I gasp, sitting up, pushing Draco away from me. His clothes out of order, he struggles to stand tall, breathing ragged.
"Hermione?" Ron calls.
Damn.
I straighten my uniform, and step out of the dark corner, leaving Draco hidden, needing him to stay hidden.
"Sorry, lost my pencil." I go over to my books and pick them up.
"Oh. I was worried, you were taking awhile. I didn't want the death eaters to get you."
I nod, shaking my head. "Thank you, Ron." I smile at him, and he smiles back.
Little did I know how right he was about the deatheater's presence...

No comments:

Post a Comment