Friday, January 29, 2010

The Day- Chapter Nine

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters however the story is my own.

After being defeated, the resistance and even those of us who just happen to be students at Hogwarts line up and sit where we are told by the death eaters. They stand all around, guarding us, wands out. I sit still, staring, but Harry and Ron look at me with hurt and anger. I feel my cheeks flush, ashamed. I know this is all my fault. Draco is still not in here and something is happy up front. The Dark Lord himself is here, drinking from a cup and mumbling through some rite of passage, some ritual. I don’t listen though, I’m too concerned with everything else. And then suddenly the door opens behind us opens. And he is here. He is here.

Biting my nails, I stare fixedly at the wall as he comes in. God, he's beautiful. With a smile and an ease of hands, he takes the cup from Voldemort. Taking a drink, he seals the ritual. Its done. But all I can do is watch. All I can do is stare at how lovely and how dark he is. And then stare at the wall, still wanting to hide my sins. Yes, it has long since come out that I love Draco Malfoy, the boy who just became a man before the Dark Lord's eyes, but I am still ashamed. Yes, it was this love that caused me to betray my friends, and for the dark to finally take over in the end, and yet I still yearn for Harry and Ron's trust again. I don't deserve it, nor will I get it. I did the unspeakable, for I am the reason Draco is up there, while he is the reason I am down here, amongst the resistance. He never loved me, he just used me. Yet I love him still, no matter how I suffer, for the day has passed that he slipped away.

I am the reason Draco Malfoy is the Dark Lord’s heir.

No comments:

Post a Comment