Friday, January 29, 2010

The Day- Chapter Four

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters however the story is my own.

As the end of the year dawns ever closer, things begin to calm back down. Harry's healed, which is a relief. Harry, Ron and I started training secretly. He's the chosen one, and Ron and I will stand by him till the end. Harry wanted to train alone, but I’m the only one who knows what we're doing, so he couldn't say no to me, and of course he wouldn't say no to Ron then. Though I wouldn't have minded much if he did. Ron never leaves me be anymore. I would have enjoyed some time with just Harry.
Meanwhile, Draco and I have been going heavier and heavier undercover. We don't speak of that one night in the library. It was too close a call, and it has since spooked us. We were out of our bloody minds anyway, but I needed him. I needed something to get my mind off of Harry. Every time I see Draco, and think back to that night, the color flushes out of me and I know I'll never forget the way he kissed me.
"Bloody 'Ell, Hermione! I can't do this." Ron says, shaking his wand as though trying to break it.
"No wonder, if you try to use it like THAT." I say, letting my voice drip with disdain. "Doesn't matter. That's an illegal spell anyway, I can barely do it, but Harry has it mastered, and he's the one who needs it the most."
"Hermione? Just teach it to him." Harry says, tired of my anti-Ron antics. I roll my eyes, muttering under my breath, as I go tech him, watching that smug smile form on Ron's face.

"Hey, Ron? When's Ginny coming?" Harry asked later that evening in the Gryffendor commons.
Ron scowls. "Next year."
"Oh, really?" Harry's face brightens and for some reason, my heart sinks a little, but then I think of Draco and I tell myself that was a silly, fleeting feeling.
I elbow Harry, a smirk on my face. "Ginny?"
He blushes and mutters "She's just Ron's sister..."
"Who you will NOT be snogging." Ron adds and I burst out laughing. Then I realize he's serious and shut up.
"That's right Harry. No snogging a Weasly."

After wrapping up another day of training in the forests, Harry, Ron and I head back to the dorms. We are walking along when we see Draco, Goyle and Crabbe. I fight a smile that forms as my lips and wink at him.
"Awww, how cute! Little Miss Mudblood have fun playing in the forest with her friends?" He sneers. I look down, and realize I did get my self dirty out in the woods. But if Draco wants to play it rough...
"Hey, you have no right to call her-" Ron starts, screaming at them. Harry just walks up to Draco and whispers low, "Don't mess with us, Malfoy. We may not all be purebloods but at least our father's aren't deatheaters." With that, he turns on his heel, Ron and him walking away expecting me to follow. Crabbe and Goyle stand stunned and Draco growls, starting to move toward them, starting to run.
I whip out my wand, putting it to Draco's neck and backing him up. I find I do that to him a lot. "You touch him and I will use an unforgiveable spell. I'm not afraid to." I say, refrencing our Dark Arts lessons. A small smirk lifts the side of my face, but Draco's the better actor. Fearful, the only thing revealing his duplicity is a small glint in his eyes only I would recognize.
"Hermione. Don't." Harry says, and Ron grabs my free hand, pulling. I let them take my, looking back the whole way. My heart longs for him when he's gone.

That night, in the library, after hours as has become habit, I take a seat beside Draco and put out a book as an excuse should we get caught.
"I think you enjoyed today too much, my dear." he whispers leaning in close.
"Well, maybe." I say, giving him a small kiss.
"Sorry 'bout the mudblood part. Goyle and Crabbe were there." he takes my hand, holding tight.
"Harry and Ron were there, sorry about the cursing you part." I laugh, looking deep into his eyes.
"blow for blow." He smiles and kisses me, slowly at first, till it deepens into more. I keep my ears alert for intruders, though really my mind is clogged with thoughts of Draco.

"So what is the muggle world like?" Ron asks, as we pack our things. Harry and I live in the muggle world, but Ron has never even been there.
"Horrible." Harry says, as I say "Fascinating."
I blush, knowing what people say about talking at the same time like that.
Ron looks quizzically at us, but doesn't say anything. I almost don't want to go home, I've matured so much. I'm not the little eleven year old my parents sent away last year.
"You have dentists for parents, hermione. You don't live with my aunt and uncle." Harry says, annoyance in his voice.
I roll my eyes, pretending not to be hurt. "Whatever." I say and stalk off. Besides, I want to say goodbye to Draco.
I find him in the library, our secret and special place. Once again its only us, its night and we have the excuses. He's studying, which is rare. A smile forms on my lips and I figure I must be wearing off on him by now. I wrap my arms around his waist from behind and whisper in his ear "I'm not going to see you all summer, am I?"
Smoothly, expertly, he turns around, arms wrapping me in their own embrace. "I'm sorry." He says, burying his head in my hair.
"Absence makes the heart grow fonder, or so they say in the muggle world." I blush, remembering I'm a mudblood, and he's a pure blood.
"Well, I hope their smart in your world. But I'll send owls. I promise."
"Me too. But, listen, I don't like saying goodbye. So maybe, right now we could just focus on the time we do have together." I say, pulling away and taking his hand as I lead him into the darkest corner.
He smiles, cupping my face and kissing me. I kiss him back, hard, pushing him against the wall. He moves his hands, wrapping them around my waist, pulling me closer.
And my last night at Hogwarts ends perfectly. I have to leave after awhile, but still, Kissing a Malfoy is an unforgettable experience.

"Where did you go last night?" Harry asked on the train.
"Yeah, where?" Ron asks, even more curious, and annoyed.
"Nowhere. I was saying goodbye to some people." I said, feeling a bit defensive. I loved harry, and Ron, well i was dealing with him, but I didn't want to tell anyone my secret. It was my secret. It was special.
"Who?" Ron asks, as if I had no other friends.
"I don't report to you. I do what I want." I said, angry. He knew nothing.
"Whatever." He said, but I knew it bugged him.
"Calm down, you too." Harry said, looking at Ron oddly.
"Hey, Harry, Ginny's gonna be with us next year..." I said to change the subject and to watch Ron and Harry squirm. Harry blushed while Ron scowled. "Oh, bad subject?" I said, feigning innocence. But they got my point.

No comments:

Post a Comment